In The News: Me x2!
I was recently quoted as a travel advisor export for two articles – one for Martha Stewart Living and another for Weddingwire.com.
The article for Martha Stewart Living is titled, “How to Renew Your Expired Passport.” And while many of us are not planning any near term travel at this time of a global pandemic, it never hurts to be prepared and plan ahead for when travel is safe again. My advice can be summarized as follows:
- Don’t let your passport expire, its much harder if you do
- Err on the side of doing this with lots of extra time before your trip
- Make sure you understand the entry requirements set by each country
- Leave your passport photo to the professionals
In the article for Weddingwire.com, “What to Do If You Have to Cancel Your Destination Wedding,” I provide more timely input on steps couples can take if they need to cancel their destination wedding due to the coronavirus pandemic. My advice is:
- Stick with the experts for real-time science based facts by checking the CDC and WHO information pages often
- Make the call in a timely fashion, stick with the decision, and over communicate to your guests
- Reach out directly to suppliers and work with your team of experts in order to see about refunds and rescheduling.
I’m always happy to be viewed as an expert on travel issues and trends!